Welcome to the Plant Breeding and Plant Genetics (PBPG) program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Established in 1968, the interdisciplinary PBPG program leads the nation in the number of plant breeding graduate degrees granted in the last twenty years.
Quick Facts about PBPG:
- Established in 1968
- A UW System Center of Excellence
- Includes faculty from the departments of Agronomy, Biochemistry, Botany, Genetics, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, and Statistics.
- M.S. and Ph.D. degrees granted
- State-of-the-art research facilities
- Wide variety of crops studied.
- Vibrant campus and active plant science student community.
Learn more About the Program.